Project Metagame Workshop

Now that you mention it, and judging from the features, yes, false swap does make money even when the opponent has 1 HP left. Should I include False Swipe in bans ?
I don't think so, farming strats might be abuseable but they're only as abuseable as the opponent is passive, and in a format where passively sponging hits is bad, I don't see a lot of windows to abuse it. If the meta goes towards fragility and farming shit, normal HO could just win the game the normal way, yknow? Cloyster or Population bomb might be more obvious to look into first. Mouse can go +9 on money most times assuming it gets revenge killed in one hit which is likely since it's frail.

Last edited:
Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Transistor
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Explosion

Electrode @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Static
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def
- Explosion

Dugtrio
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Final Gambit

Wugtrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gooey
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Final Gambit

Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Explosion

Indeedee @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Healing Wish

literally unwinnable without bringing like beat up maushold or smth please ban self ko moves
I agree that this seems unhealthy but uhh,
Kid named Ghost type.

Speaking of Ghosts (prolly not good but showcases some concepts)

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body/Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Protect
-Thunder Wave/Last Resort/Coverage etc.

I think this meta might be one where you either wanna get hit and die or not get hit at all. Could drop defensive IVs to zero so it dies in one hit more often but I'd have to calc it. PF to dodge and go through protect maybe. Infiltrator to get around subs without being maushold bait like PF, makes you, or Cursed Body to maybe disable beat up or another multi hit, preferably after dying in the minimum number of hits. LR to hit them and die before they hit you or Twave to try to generate free turns. Obv dragon darts hits twice and it's garunteed. If you wanna be spicy you could run disable to lure mouse/weavile etc and disable beat up. I unno if hitting subs generates money so it might not matter.

EDIT: nvm drag is banned but I'm leaving the set to showcase my thoughts on what makes a good mon in the meta.

Last edited:
Tired of only getting 20 View attachment 549336 from swimmers' butt hole, while making your journey in this huge world ? Well, here and now you can easily fill your pikawallet and show your economic skills, introducing :

Brawl Business
Metagame Premise : 6v6 Single Battle. All offensive moves have Pay Day effect added to theirs, and the one who gathers the most View attachment 549336 at the end wins.

Features :

1) The Pay Day effect happens for each hit. (I would like some feedbacks about this)
2) Both players keep their money, even if one of them has all its Pokémon fainted ;
3) Doom desire and Future Sight don't make View attachment 549336.

Clauses :

Endless Battle Clause ;
Evasion Clause ;
Pokédollar Clause :
both players View attachment 549336 amount is shown on screen ;
Sleep Clause : limit to one foe put to sleep.

Unban :

Moves : OHKO moves.

Bans :

Abilities : Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Snow Cloack, Speed Boost ;
Items : Amulet Coin, Loaded Dice, Luck Incense ;
Pokémons : Arceus (all forms), Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chi-Yu, Chien-Pao, Dialga (both forms), Dragapult, Ethernatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina (both forms), Groudon, Hoopa-Unbound, Iron Bundle, Koraidon, Kyogre, Landorus, Magearna (both forms), Mewtwo, Miraidon, Palafin (both forms), Palkia (both forms), Pyrax, Rayquaza, Spectrier, Urshifu, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Zacian (both forms), Zamazenta (both forms).

Watchlist :

Moves : Happy Hour, Population Bomb.

Q&A :

Q1 : What happens when both players have max View attachment 549336 (99 999 View attachment 549336) ?
A2 : The win is determined the classic way.

Q1 : What happens when both players have same View attachment 549336 amount and have all their pokémons fainted ?
A2 : Same as Q1 (as a reminder, recoil damages aren't decisive when it comes to using suicide moves).

Q3 : Would Pay Day double View attachment 549336 amount ?
A3 : No, the Pay Day effect won't stack up so it would work as usual.
Sash skill link cloyster into 5 explosion users is real

Tired of only getting 20 View attachment 549336 from swimmers' butt hole, while making your journey in this huge world ? Well, here and now you can easily fill your pikawallet and show your economic skills, introducing :

Brawl Business
Metagame Premise : 6v6 Single Battle. All offensive moves have Pay Day effect added to theirs, and the one who gathers the most View attachment 549336 at the end wins.

Features :

1) The Pay Day effect happens for each hit. (I would like some feedbacks about this)
2) Both players keep their money, even if one of them has all its Pokémon fainted ;

Clauses :

Endless Battle Clause ;
Evasion Clause ;
Pokédollar Clause :

Unban :

Bans :

Abilities : Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Snow Cloack, Speed Boost ;
Pokémons : Arceus (all forms), Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chi-Yu, Chien-Pao, Dialga (both forms), Dragapult, Ethernatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina (both forms), Groudon, Hoopa-Unbound, Iron Bundle, Koraidon, Kyogre, Landorus, Magearna (both forms), Mewtwo, Miraidon, Palafin (both forms), Palkia (both forms), Pyrax, Rayquaza, Spectrier, Urshifu, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Zacian (both forms), Zamazenta (both forms).

Watchlist :

Q&A :

Q1 : What happens when both players have max View attachment 549336 (99 999 View attachment 549336) ?

Q1 : What happens when both players have same View attachment 549336 amount and have all their pokémons fainted ?
A2 : Same as Q1 (as a reminder, recoil damages aren't decisive when it comes to using suicide moves).

There's no reason to use status moves or switch because both you and your opponent get the same amount of turns anyway, so the only thing that matters is ro be the one who makes the kove during the last turn, and to deny that move for your opponent.

There's no reason to use status moves or switch because both you and your opponent get the same amount of turns anyway, so the only thing that matters is ro be the one who makes the kove during the last turn, and to deny that move for your opponent.
I understand your point of view, but I'm not convinced about it. I mean, what will you do if someone gets the speed control to their advantage because they put Sticky Web first turn ? What about paralysis, misses, PP stall ? I wouldn't be so confident as to claim that "there's no reason" before I see the results (that is, if I'm allowed to submit the metagame).

Last edited:

Brawl Business

Features :

1) The Pay Day effect happens for each hit, but doesn't work with clones. (I would like some feedbacks about this)

Clauses :

Endless Battle Clause ;
Evasion Clause ;
Pokédollar Clause :

Unban :

Bans :

Watchlist :

Q&A :

Really like the concept of a meta where the objective isn't knocking out the opponent's team or your own team, but a secret third thing (capitalism). Would love to see more of that in OMs, there's a lot of untapped potential.

"Maybe violence isnt the answer, but rather part of the solution" ~ master oogway, probably

If this has been proposed and denied before, my fault, but

STAT PASS
Pokemon pass all of their base stats to the next Pokemon in team order (6 being passed to 1)
BANS:
Pure Power, Huge Power, Ice Scales, Fur Coat, Slaking, Regigigas, Shedinja
Enamorus and Numel might get banned for their abilities being able to be applied to different stat blocks, but as of now I'm not too sure.
Eviolite may also ruin some NFE's balance due to fully evolved stat blocks being passed, Pikachu with Light Ball in the same vein.

Winners and Threats:
Corviknight: can apply it's good movepool and typing to things like a Garganacl or Toxapex stat block to have devastating body presses.
Dragapult, maybe: can gain some use of it's special moves by getting passed by Gengar or Glimmora (only special attackers off the top of my head), but has to give up it's amazing speed tier.
Glimmora: Can get passed by bulkier Pokemon to live more hits and to set more Toxic Debris, and can pass an amazing 130 Special attack to some other pokemon, allowing a team to pass off stats stronger.
Spidops: No longer tethered to its awful stats, but has to give them to some other poor Pokemon. A Risk / Reward type deal.

Questions for the Community:
Is this concept unique enough from other stat changing metal to warrant it's own OM? It seems like a really obvious idea, and might have been s suggested before.

Is the name fitting? I'm not a very creative person, so feedback on stuff like this is very appreciated.
Workshopped this last gen under the name "Stat Shift", great minds truly think alike. Eviolite is something I hadn't considered, depending on the mon in question (fucking Chansey) the stats you pass could still be quite good. I think Pikachu and Numel are probably safe, their stat lines are really just booty in a way that I don't think you'd be able to make work. I was having trouble building last gen with Crawdaunt on my team, though I also suuuck at building.

Brawl Business

Features :

1) The Pay Day effect happens for each hit, but doesn't work with clones. (I would like some feedbacks about this)

Clauses :

Endless Battle Clause ;
Evasion Clause ;
Pokédollar Clause :

Unban :

Bans :

Watchlist :

Q&A :

Make It Rain uses the same money formula as Pay Day but isn't actually named "Pay Day"; does it get a double Pay Day effect or just its default singleton?

Also, I think you want to correct/translate your "Pyrax" mention in the banlist to Volcarona.

In the meantime, I can imagine attacks that drop your offences with each use (e.g. Leaf Storm, Superpower) as being pretty nifty in this meta. I also would rather see False Swipe get watchlisted or even banned (think Volt-Turn Mayhem banning Fake Out despite both moves being nulled by Ghosts).

Oh yeah, Fake Out also looks pretty good in this meta. Wonder how much money you can earn with just Fake Outs and U-turns (possibly Timid min. attack to boot?). Thankfully, loading a team of Level 5's hands you a loss to a team of Level 100's...

Might want to ban King's Rock because haxing your opponent out of money by flinching them is unfair.

Last edited:
Make It Rain uses the same money formula as Pay Day but isn't actually named "Pay Day"; does it get a double Pay Day effect or just its default singleton?

Also, I think you want to correct/translate your "Pyrax" mention in the banlist to Volcarona.

In the meantime, I can imagine attacks that drop your offences with each use (e.g. Leaf Storm, Superpower) as being pretty nifty in this meta. I also would rather see False Swipe get watchlisted or even banned (think Volt-Turn Mayhem banning Fake Out despite both moves being nulled by Ghosts).

Oh yeah, Fake Out also looks pretty good in this meta. Wonder how much money you can earn with just Fake Outs and U-turns (possibly Timid min. attack to boot?). Thankfully, loading a team of Level 5's hands you a loss to a team of Level 100's...

Might want to ban King's Rock because haxing your opponent out of money by flinching them is unfair.
Fake out seems good i forgot to mention that, nuzzle seems very good for similar reasons.

Honnestly, I forgot that this move has one effect in common with Pay Day. Like the latter, Make it Rain won't double money. I precised it in the metagame, thank you !

Added in the watchlist. Sure, Fake Out might be a dangerous move, but I'm more concerned about cancer sets, like Grafaiai Prankster with Dig.

I have a concept for an om that I've been thinking about for months, it seems really fun and seems like it could be popular for a possible monthly om. I probably won't submit it for a long time, that takes alot of bracing myself due to social anxiety, but it might happen one day and that's all I'm hoping for. Okay, enough of my quick speech, time for the om info:

Semi-Balanced Hackmons

Metagame premise
:
You ever wanted to use a perfectly normal ability in balanced hackmons, but it's banned for almost no reason? Do you not like pure hackmons because wonder guard and no guard OHKO mons are everywhere and it just isn't competitive anymore? Well I've got you covered! In this om, you can use any move, ability, and Pokémon, that isn't insanely op and uncompetitive, so you can have fun with all those Water Bubble Scald Shaymin-Sky's and Adaptability Astral Barrage Mega-Gengars without having to deal with someone who decided it would be a good idea to have 6 No-Guard Sheer Cold Regielekis.

Potential bans and threats:
OHKO moves
Wonder Guard
Shedninja with Sturdy
Innards Out
Non-crystal z-moves paired with a leppa berry and a recycle-based move or ability (Notes: It's just not competive to have the opponent spam a move with 200 power unless they worked to get that like a calm mind stored power set. We want people to still have fun and be able to have the creativity that Balanced-Hackmons limits, people shouldn't be forced to always run knock-off on every mon or use the same tactic on every mon to even have a chance of winning.)

Questions for the community:
How many of you would play this?
Does this seem fun?
Do you like the concept of being creative without having to fear common pure hackmons threats that remove all competiveness?
What other things do you think should be banned that're too op and uncompetitive that's ban wouldn't limit any creativity?
What sets do you think would be popular in this om?
How popular do you think this om would be?
What aspects of this om do you like? Which do you not like?

Please forgive me if the formating or wording isn't very good, this is my first time asking people for opinions on an om concept and I've not been on this forum for long due to spending most of my time playing Showdown and not usually having much to talk about with the community.

UT

Swaying as the room burned down
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
I have a concept for an om that I've been thinking about for months, it seems really fun and seems like it could be popular for a possible monthly om. I probably won't submit it for a long time, that takes alot of bracing myself due to social anxiety, but it might happen one day and that's all I'm hoping for. Okay, enough of my quick speech, time for the om info:

Semi-Balanced Hackmons

Metagame premise
:
You ever wanted to use a perfectly normal ability in balanced hackmons, but it's banned for almost no reason? Do you not like pure hackmons because wonder guard and no guard OHKO mons are everywhere and it just isn't competitive anymore? Well I've got you covered! In this om, you can use any move, ability, and Pokémon, that isn't insanely op and uncompetitive, so you can have fun with all those Water Bubble Scald Shaymin-Sky's and Adaptability Astral Barrage Mega-Gengars without having to deal with someone who decided it would be a good idea to have 6 No-Guard Sheer Cold Regielekis.

OHKO moves
Wonder Guard
Shedninja with Sturdy
Innards Out
Non-crystal z-moves paired with a leppa berry and a recycle-based move or ability (Notes: It's just not competive to have the opponent spam a move with 200 power unless they worked to get that like a calm mind stored power set. We want people to still have fun and be able to have the creativity that Balanced-Hackmons limits, people shouldn't be forced to always run knock-off on every mon or use the same tactic on every mon to even have a chance of winning.)

How many of you would play this?
Does this seem fun?
Do you like the concept of being creative without having to fear common pure hackmons threats that remove all competiveness?
What other things do you think should be banned that're too op and uncompetitive that's ban wouldn't limit any creativity?
What sets do you think would be popular in this om?
How popular do you think this om would be?
What aspects of this om do you like? Which do you not like?

Please forgive me if the formating or wording isn't very good, this is my first time asking people for opinions on an om concept and I've not been on this forum for long due to spending most of my time playing Showdown and not usually having much to talk about with the community.
A tier between Pure Hackmons and Balanced Hackmons is a non-starter. There is no clear or objective decision as what separates this from Balanced Hackmons, other than you think BH bans too many things.

A tier between Pure Hackmons and Balanced Hackmons is a non-starter. There is no clear or objective decision as what separates this from Balanced Hackmons, other than you think BH bans too many things.
I've thought it through alot, and I've tried to figure out how exactly it would be different from balanced hackmons, and have found that balanced hackmons limits alot of creativity due to having some really weird bans that don't really affect the meta positively and limits alot of creativity, which isn't that good in a meta that's supposed to be based around creativity. People go to hackmons games to have fun with cool concepts, but that's limited when almost everything is banned (who even decided that water bubble should be banned? That's only one example) meaning that people have to go to pure hackmons to have creative teams. The problem with pure hackmons is that you're also not allowed to be creative there, less due to useless bans and more-so because you're forced to run certain things to combat many non-competitive tactics. It would be really nice if we could actually have an om where people could be creative without being forced to run the same thing everytime, as currently that's not possible due to how both existent hackmons metagames are. I just want people to be able to have fun, but I've noticed that the second someone thinks of something fun that's strong but has many counters in balanced hackmons it's just banned immediately, it seems that they don't want people to be creative or have fun.

I've thought it through alot, and I've tried to figure out how exactly it would be different from balanced hackmons, and have found that balanced hackmons limits alot of creativity due to having some really weird bans that don't really affect the meta positively and limits alot of creativity, which isn't that good in a meta that's supposed to be based around creativity. People go to hackmons games to have fun with cool concepts, but that's limited when almost everything is banned (who even decided that water bubble should be banned? That's only one example) meaning that people have to go to pure hackmons to have creative teams. The problem with pure hackmons is that you're also not allowed to be creative there, less due to useless bans and more-so because you're forced to run certain things to combat many non-competitive tactics. It would be really nice if we could actually have an om where people could be creative without being forced to run the same thing everytime, as currently that's not possible due to how both existent hackmons metagames are. I just want people to be able to have fun, but I've noticed that the second someone thinks of something fun that's strong but has many counters in balanced hackmons it's just banned immediately, it seems that they don't want people to be creative or have fun.
I agree that it can be awful to encounter teams with unpleasant strategies (to quote your first post : a team of 6 no guard Regieleki) but competitively speaking, the best way to perform in these "all-you-can-fit" OMs is to watch out for the biggest threats (Pokémons with the higher stat for pure hackmons, and Pokémons with highest compatibility in terms of moves + abilities for balanced hackmons) and to find a countermeasure about them. Nothing forbid you to play your favourite Pokémons while giving them all Neutralizing Gas/Mold Breaker to annoy those who go for the easy option.

MaskMons

Metagame Premise:
Equipping one of the 18 type boosting items (silk scarf to fairy feather) has some of the effects of equipping a Mask onto Ogerpon - your secondary type becomes that type, you can only Tera into that type, and you get a 1.2 power boost on all of your attacks.

Same as the tier Ogerpon ends up in.

Is the type change and power boost enough to make this different from regular play?

MaskMons

Metagame Premise:
Equipping one of the 18 type boosting items (silk scarf to fairy feather) has some of the effects of equipping a Mask onto Ogerpon - your secondary type becomes that type, you can only Tera into that type, and you get a 1.2 power boost on all of your attacks.

Is the type change and power boost enough to make this different from regular play?
While I personally think it's interesting on its own merit, i feel like in its current state people might see it as just more restrictive camomons.

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
MaskMons

Metagame Premise:

I think it is more similar to bonus type than anything, just without it being actually a bonus type, and with less variety on items.
Doesn't sound all that interesting, to be honest.

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm going to bring back this idea with a slightly different concept. We don't have many kinds of "Doubles" metagames, so I just wondered how well this could work...
---
SwapForce
*name inspired by Skylanders; no actually the whole metagame is inspired by it lol

it is the same name as the previous pitch, but the premise is entirely different

Metagame Premise:
In a doubles match, both active Pokémon combine to make 1 active Pokémon on the field. Pokémon on the left side of the field will determine the HP/Atk/Def, the 1st and 2nd move, the first type, and item; the Pokémon on the right side of the field will share its SpA/SpD/Spe, the 3rd and 4th move, the second type (typeless if there is none in the second slot) and its ability. Pokémon are locked together, die together, and switch together, to which another pair may enter the battle; up to 3 pairs, 6 Pokémon.

-OU Based + Standard OU Clauses
-Tera Clause (no Terastelizing)
-Pair Clause

Pair Clause makes it so the Pokémon sent out together at the beginning of the turn will switch out together, be locked together until they both faint, and will share the same status/damage. Trying to think of ways to calculate damaged Pokémon with undamaged ones was a headache; so doing this will be simpler. It also allows for Regenerator, U-Turn, and other switching-reliant traits of Pokémon not to break with this metagame. Hence, this game becomes a 3v3 game that you can change on the fly before the battle starts; choosing the right combination of Pokémon to battle with per match.
As such, Ally Switch, as well as other ally-manipulating moves/abilities will be banned as to not break the metagame's mechanics.

Ok, so what do I mean for this metagame?

Consider 2 Pokemon, not to infer that they'll be meta defining but rather just as an example; Pikachu and Clodsire

Let's say Pikachu and Clodsire, left and right respectively, are sent out at the beginning of the game. The combined Pokemon would be an Electric (from Pikachu's primary type)/ Ground (from Clodsire's secondary type). If Pikachu had a Choice Band and Clodsire was Water Absorb, then the combined Pokémon would have a Choice Band and the ability Water Absorb. The stats would take from Pikachu's HP/Atk/Def, and Clodsire's SpA/SpD/Spe. Again, not a good mon, but thats just an example.

---

Potential Bans and Threats:

Slaking (Banned)

(These are just general threats, I am a bit unfamiliar with Doubles, but at the end of the day it's kinda more like Singles?)

Great Tusk
Iron Hands
Ting-Lu
Ursaluna

These four are simply because of their BST on a specific half of their stats. I imagine they could become overwhelming with the right SpDef and/or Speed. The other half also determines its new ability, so you could give it some nasty abilities to become a scary powerhouse like Regenerator.

Tornadus-Therian

This is the culprit/teammate to the aforementioned ones listed above. It supplies a lot of desirable traits; Regenerator, Knock Off and U-Turn, and a solid 121 Speed stat.

Inteleon

What? Inteleon? Yeah; hear me out. Sniper boosts the power of critical hits by 1.5x, and it has a natural 120 Speed stat. Pair that with Pokémon with 100% crit rates on their moves, like Meowscarada. You now have a LifeOrb/ChoiceBand + Sniper Boosted Flower Trick. It also gets U-Turn and Flip Turn, which is always nice.

---

- Are there any Pokemon I might have missed that could be threatening? I considered adding Iron Moth to the threat list, but I wasn't sure how well Protosynthesis/Quark Drive would do on combined mons.

-What are your thoughts on Pair Clause? If you have a different take for HP Calculation, I'm all ears, and though this is the best solution in my head, I'm up for discussion on a better way of doing damage calcs.

-I imagine this metagame is similar to Chimera and Frantic Fusions in a lot of aspects; is this metagame different enough and interesting enough to warrant it's existence?

Last edited:
I'm going to bring back this idea with a slightly different concept. We don't have many kinds of "Doubles" metagames, so I just wondered how well this could work...
---
SwapForce
*name inspired by Skylanders; no actually the whole metagame is inspired by it lol

it is the same name as the previous pitch, but the premise is entirely different

Metagame Premise:
In a doubles match, both active Pokémon combine to make 1 active Pokémon on the field. Pokémon on the left side of the field will determine the HP/Atk/Def, the 1st and 2nd move, the first type, and item; the Pokémon on the right side of the field will share its SpA/SpD/Spe, the 3rd and 4th move, the second type (typeless if there is none in the second slot) and its ability. Pokémon are locked together, die together, and switch together, to which another pair may enter the battle; up to 3 pairs, 6 Pokémon.

-Pair Clause

Pair Clause makes it so the Pokémon sent out together at the beginning of the turn will switch out together, be locked together until they both faint, and will share the same status/damage. Trying to think of ways to calculate damaged Pokémon with undamaged ones was a headache; so doing this will be simpler. It also allows for Regenerator, U-Turn, and other switching-reliant traits of Pokémon not to break with this metagame. Hence, this game becomes a 3v3 game that you can change on the fly before the battle starts; choosing the right combination of Pokémon to battle with per match.
As such, Ally Switch, as well as other ally-manipulating moves/abilities will be banned as to not break the metagame's mechanics.

Consider 2 Pokemon, not to infer that they'll be meta defining but rather just as an example; Pikachu and Clodsire

Let's say Pikachu and Clodsire, left and right respectively, are sent out at the beginning of the game. The combined Pokemon would be an Electric (from Pikachu's primary type)/ Ground (from Clodsire's secondary type). If Pikachu had a Choice Band and Clodsire was Water Absorb, then the combined Pokémon would have a Choice Band and the ability Water Absorb. The stats would take from Pikachu's HP/Atk/Def, and Clodsire's SpA/SpD/Spe. Again, not a good mon, but thats just an example.

---

(These are just general threats, I am a bit unfamiliar with Doubles, but at the end of the day it's kinda more like Singles?)

Great Tusk
Iron Hands
Ting-Lu
Ursaluna

These four are simply because of their BST on a specific half of their stats. I imagine they could become overwhelming with the right SpDef and/or Speed. The other half also determines its new ability, so you could give it some nasty abilities to become a scary powerhouse like Regenerator.

Tornadus-Therian

This is the culprit/teammate to the aforementioned ones listed above. It supplies a lot of desirable traits; Regenerator, Knock Off and U-Turn, and a solid 121 Speed stat.

Inteleon

What? Inteleon? Yeah; hear me out. Sniper boosts the power of critical hits by 1.5x, and it has a natural 120 Speed stat. Pair that with Pokémon with 100% crit rates on their moves, like Meowscarada. You now have a LifeOrb/ChoiceBand + Sniper Boosted Flower Trick.

---

- Are there any Pokemon I might have missed that could be threatening? I considered adding Iron Moth to the threat list, but I wasn't sure how well Protosynthesis/Quark Drive would do on combined mons.

-What are your thoughts on Pair Clause? If you have a different take for HP Calculation, I'm all ears, and though this is the best solution in my head, I'm up for discussion on a better way of doing damage calcs.

-I imagine this metagame is similar to Chimera and Frantic Fusions in a lot of aspects; is this metagame different enough and interesting enough to warrant it's existence?
What is the need for this metagame to be doubles? Isn’t it just a 3v3 with a fused mechanic instead of regular Pokemon?

If this is so, then I feel like it is too similar to Inheritance, Frantic Fusions, and to an extent Cross Evolution as well.

If switching is allowed somehow, this promotes the same teambuilding knowledge and skills as Partners in Crime.

Coming up with another doubles OM is hard ngl. There needs to be something intrinsic to doubles, not doable in singles, that could possibly be generalized or built upon. The niche of allies sharing/giving to each other is just completely taken over by PiC. I had some vague idea of generalizing the mechanics of Pledge moves but I genuinely have no idea how to take that forward.

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
What is the need for this metagame to be doubles? Isn’t it just a 3v3 with a fused mechanic instead of regular Pokemon?

If this is so, then I feel like it is too similar to Inheritance, Frantic Fusions, and to an extent Cross Evolution as well.

If switching is allowed somehow, this promotes the same teambuilding knowledge and skills as Partners in Crime.

Coming up with another doubles OM is hard ngl. There needs to be something intrinsic to doubles, not doable in singles, that could possibly be generalized or built upon. The niche of allies sharing/giving to each other is just completely taken over by PiC. I had some vague idea of generalizing the mechanics of Pledge moves but I genuinely have no idea how to take that forward.
The purpose of it being Doubles is so pairs can be made prebattle and post-teambuilding. I could have a Gyardos/Clodsire pair on one battle and a Gyarados/Thundurus-Therian on the next.

I decided on the Pair Clause as a way to eliminate comparisons to PiC as best as I could; instead of making it so the moveset is constantly interchangible, just create a pair of two Pokemon and lock them together. When they die, both die. It's VISUALLY two Pokemon, but it's mechanically a single pokemon using 1 move per turn. When the Pokemon switch, both pokemon switch out.

In a sense, yes, this is very little a "Doubles" metagame, and you said it yourself that it's hard to make a Doubles based metagame. I compare it more to a 3v3 Chimera, honestly.

---
SwapForce

Metagame Premise:

-Pair Clause

---

Slaking (Banned)

Great Tusk
Iron Hands
Ting-Lu
Ursaluna

Tornadus-Therian

Inteleon

What? Inteleon? Yeah; hear me out. Sniper boosts the power of critical hits by 1.5x, and it has a natural 120 Speed stat. Pair that with Pokémon with 100% crit rates on their moves, like Meowscarada. You now have a LifeOrb/ChoiceBand + Sniper Boosted Flower Trick. It also gets U-Turn and Flip Turn, which is always nice.

---

Dumb question but when exactly does the clause take place? I assume before everything else so stuff like dondozo plus commander doesnt get the boost and then fuse? I think the idea is neat though, even if fusion style OMs are getting a little oversaturated, yours being in team preview and not purely in teambuilding makes it stick out a little better.

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Dumb question but when exactly does the clause take place? I assume before everything else so stuff like dondozo plus commander doesnt get the boost and then fuse? I think the idea is neat though, even if fusion style OMs are getting a little oversaturated, yours being in team preview and not purely in teambuilding makes it stick out a little better.
I'd assume it'd take priority over everything. Functionally, it makes a Doubles match play like a Singles match, so abilities like Commander wouldn't activate anyway

Bring Your Kid to Work

Metagame Premise: In this metagame, you can bring first stage Pokemon (child) who will be linked to any Pokemon (parent) that gives them stat increases and potentially other buffs.

:Scyther: :Dunsparce: :Girafarig: :Sneasel: :Sneasel-Hisui:
The most obvious potential bans. With all these Pokemon having absurd stats compared to their fellow LC Pokemon it’s a no brainer.

:meditite: :Flittle: :gastly: :girafarig: :misdreavus: :murkrow: :rufflet:
Rest of the LC ban list, but unlike the previously mentioned Pokemon, who comparitively are Arceus and Primal Groundon of Ubers, these guys are more on the powerlevel of Urshifu and Pheromosa. So with the Metagame changes you could definitely see some of them be fine in the meta but we’ll have to see.

:hoopa-unbound: :slaking: :zamazenta: :dragapult:
Some examples of Pokemon where sheer stats alone make them powerful parent Pokemon. All but Slaking here is also decently usable at worst too.

1. How much should a Parent’s stat boost give to first stage Pokemon? Ideally the boost should make LC Pokemon just slightly better in BST than most middle of the road OU Pokemon.
2. Should and what other buffs should the LC Pokemon get? Like movepool buffs and access to new abilities are pretty obvious but I don’t want to go overkill.
3. What other ideas do you have in mind that match the idea and would make the metagame stand out more?

Bring Your Kid to Work

Metagame Premise: In this metagame, you can bring first stage Pokemon (child) who will be linked to any Pokemon (parent) that gives them stat increases and potentially other buffs.

:Scyther: :Dunsparce: :Girafarig: :Sneasel: :Sneasel-Hisui:
The most obvious potential bans. With all these Pokemon having absurd stats compared to their fellow LC Pokemon it’s a no brainer.

:meditite: :Flittle: :gastly: :girafarig: :misdreavus: :murkrow: :rufflet:
Rest of the LC ban list, but unlike the previously mentioned Pokemon, who comparitively are Arceus and Primal Groundon of Ubers, these guys are more on the powerlevel of Urshifu and Pheromosa. So with the Metagame changes you could definitely see some of them be fine in the meta but we’ll have to see.

:hoopa-unbound: :slaking: :zamazenta: :dragapult:
Some examples of Pokemon where sheer stats alone make them powerful parent Pokemon. All but Slaking here is also decently usable at worst too.

1. How much should a Parent’s stat boost give to first stage Pokemon? Ideally the boost should make LC Pokemon just slightly better in BST than most middle of the road OU Pokemon.
2. Should and what other buffs should the LC Pokemon get? Like movepool buffs and access to new abilities are pretty obvious but I don’t want to go overkill.
3. What other ideas do you have in mind that match the idea and would make the metagame stand out more?
This just sounds like cross evolution but with extra steps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)